I have a friend – Maria, who doesn’t eat fruits at all. She says she hates to eat fruits. I told Dada about Maria that day. Dada told me that it is not a good habit. We should always eat fruits. Fruits contain vitamins and minerals which are extremely beneficial for our health. Dada told me a lot more about the benefits of eating fresh fruits and making them a part of our daily diet.
Here are the health benefits ofeatingfruits regularly:
- Fruits contain a lot of vitamins and minerals:Different variety of fruit contains different type of vitamins. These vitamins and minerals help in maintaining our body balance as they help in proper functioning of the body. Moreover, fruits get absorbed in our body very easily and quickly; therefore they can provide us instant energy keeping us active and healthy.
- Fruits contain a lot of dietary fibers which is good for our digestive system: Fruits contribute a lot in maintaining a balanced diet. It provides a lot of natural dietary fibers. We should eat fruits along with their skin. The skin of the fruits offer a lot of fibers which keeps us healthy and prevents us from constipation.Fruits which are a rich source of fiber are apple, pear, strawberries, raisins and many more.
- Fruits are a good source of antioxidants: Fruits contain antioxidants which fight the damaging effects of free radicals which are produced in our body. Antioxidants can neutralize or remove the free radicals from our blood stream. There are many varieties of antioxidants which can be obtained from different fruits. Different kinds of antioxidants protect different parts of our body.
- Fruits keep our skin and hair healthy: Eating a lot of fruits help us in getting healthy skin and shiny hair. Fruits are a rich source of all the vitamins; which heals our skin and hair from the damage that occurs every day from pollution and UV rays. The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants present in fruits nourish the skin and hair from within.
- Fruits are low in calorie: Fruits are very low in calorie; hence they help us in not gaining any extra weight. However, if we eat fruits more, we would automatically eat other foods (high calorie foods like oily, fried and junk food) less. This would eventually prevent us from becoming overweight.
- Fruits improve our immune system and improve our overall health: Fruits are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, flavonoids and many other useful things.If we eat them regularly, risk of getting many diseases (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, stroke and many other diseases)reduce.
I told Dada that when I go to school the next day, I will tell my friend Maria about all these health benefits of eating fruits regularly. And, I would also tell her to start eating them as soon as possible; so that she is in good health always.
Every morning after I wake up, the first thing I do is brush my teeth. Mumma tells me that this is a very good habit and a healthy habit. She also insists me to brush my teeth every night before going to bed. Brushing our teeth twice a day keeps our teeth clean. This helps in keeping our teeth and gums healthy. Mumma tells me that, we should always take good care of ourselves. We do not need to put any extra efforts for maintaining good health. If we take care of very small things and do them regularly, we can have a healthy body. Mumma told me about all the reasons why we should maintain a good and regular oral hygiene.
Here are the reasons why we should brush our teeth twice daily and maintain a healthy gum and teeth:
- Removes all the food particles from the teeth: Brushing our teeth twice a day helps in removing all the food particles hidden in our teeth. This is very much necessary to keep our teeth clean and healthy. This helps us in preventing them from decay.
- Reduces plaque and tartar buildup: Cleaning our teeth regularly and removing all the food particles present in the teeth prevents the bacterial build up inside our mouth. This reduces the plaque formation on our teeth which happens due to the accumulation of bacteria and food particles present in the mouth. If the plaque is not removed from our teeth, it hardens into tartar. Tartar is very difficult to remove from our teeth and often requires help from a dentist.
- Reduces the possibility of getting a tooth cavity: A tooth cavity is a form of tooth decay. Bacteria enters through the tooth cavity and reaches the tissues inside, which causes infection. A tooth infection is very painful for anyone to handle. Clean teeth and mouth reduces the possibility of getting a cavity in the tooth.
- Removes stains from teeth and keeps them white: The toothpaste that we use while brushing our teeth, helps in removing the stains on the teeth. Hence, we get healthier and shinier teeth.
- Prevents any gum disease and keeps it healthy:If we do not maintain a regular cleanup routine for our teeth, plaque forms on them. Plaque looks like a thin yellow layer on the base of our teeth. This causes inflammation of the gums which is very painful and eventually leads to bleeding through the gums.
- Reduces the chances of getting bad breath: If we do not brush our teeth properly, bacteria builds up inside our mouth. Excessive bacterial buildup gives us bad breath. So, to prevent this, we need to brush our teeth at least twice a day and maintain a fresh breath.
- Improves our overall health: Maintaining a proper oral hygiene keeps us healthy in many ways. It protects us from many diseases (diabetes, heart diseases, osteoporosis, premature babies and many more) which happen due to oral diseases.
I told Mumma that I should always maintain a healthy habit and keep my teeth clean regularly by brushing them twice a day. And, I also told her that I will tell all my friends to do the same.