Whenever I get bored, I nag Mommy to play with me. A couple of weeks ago, Mommy gave me the idea of cycling. I went out with my bicycle, wandered in the rose garden, there I met other children, then came back home. I felt good in doing that. It was amazing to wander all around the park. It was an evening well spent on my bicycle and the other children at the park. It really helped me to get rid of the boredom. Daddy told me that cycling not only helps to get rid of boredom, but it also has some other benefits which play a great role in our life:
1. To have Sound Sleep: An hour of cycling every day, helps people get sound sleep at night.
2. It Enhances Our Digestive System: It is proven that physical activity helps us grow stronger. It builds our muscles. Cycling is equally good as it helps us digest the food fast.
3. Increases Our Intelligence: Researchers have stated that cycling every day leads to an improvement in a cardio-vascular system which enhances our mental strength.
4. It helps us to Stay Away from Diseases: Doctors say that regular exercise helps us to get rid of all sorts of diseases. One of the most effective exercise that the doctor advice is to go for cycling for at least half an hour daily.
5. Cycling Helps to Stay Connected to Nature: Children who go for a bicycle ride regularly, stay in touch with the environment more. They get fresh air and a pollution free environment. Also, the exposure to the sunlight helps them in developing vitamin D in their body.
6. It Helps to Avoid Obesity: It has been found that a regular 30 minutes of cycling helps children to get rid of obesity if they are suffering from excessive weight gain. Cycling provides a good deal of exercise which helps in shedding those extra pounds.
7. It is a Good Sport for the Children: Cycling is one of the most beneficial sport for children. It is interesting as well as advantageous for children to spend their time in it.
8. They Can Make Friends: Along with other benefits, it has a social side too. Riding helps to mingle up with other children, make new friends and play with them.
9. It Freshens Up Your Mind: A morning ride helps to start a fresh and ecstatic day. An early morning ride will help the children to concentrate on their studies and stay happy throughout the day.
10. It Provides a Positive Addiction for the Children: Children generally get addicted to video games, TV, Cartoons, Mobile Games and many such things where they just sit back and watch these things. But if the parents can encourage their children to take up sports and other physical activities as a form of spending time, it would be beneficial for their well-being.
After I heard about all these benefits of cycling from Daddy, I started to go for a bicycle ride regularly. And, with this, I have made many friends too.