Our teacher Miss Clara always tells us about the importance of trees in our lives. She says trees are our true friend. In our school, we plant trees with the help of our teachers and we always have great fun while we do so. My grandfather also tells me about the role of trees for our survival and saving our earth. He also says we should plant trees as much as we can to save the earth from global warming and save our lives.
Today, let me talk about trees and the various benefits they provide us. Trees serve us in many ways like a true friend.The benefits we get from trees are as follows:
1. Trees give us oxygen by absorbing carbon dioxide. Living beings cannot survive without oxygen. The more we plant trees the more oxygen we will get from them.
2. Trees give us fruits, flowers, seeds, and medicines.
3. Trees protect us from the scorching heat of the sun by offering us its shade.
4. The woods of the trees can be used for making furniture.
5. The paper we use for writing is also obtained from trees.
6. It gives shelter to many birds and creatures. As we know birds make their nest in the trees and live on them with their babies. Trees provide habitat for wildlife.
7. Trees help in keeping our environment cool by maintaining the ecological balance. It moderates the effect of sun, wind, and rain.
8. Soil erosion is controlled by trees and their roots. Tree plantation helps to prevent flood as the roots of the trees helps to keep the soil intact thus preventing from erosion.
9. Trees keep our environment clean, reduces air pollution. Trees are also known as rain catchers if there is no tree in an area there will be no rain in that area and the land will turn into an arid desert.
10. The presence of trees in an environment gives us a relaxed, pleasing and comfortable feeling. It helps to decrease the stress level. Trees bring colours to our environment with their leaves and the various flowers which bloom on them.
11. Trees help to control sound pollution by being an effective sound barrier.
12. If there are lots of trees in a place then the quality of the environment also increases.
13. Trees increase atmospheric moisture and shades of the trees can slow down water evaporation.
14. Exposure to trees and nature improves our concentration and trees helps to heal us faster.
My grandfather says that it is never good to cut trees without a proper reason. It is our duty to protect and care our true friend for the survival of life on earth. Even when we need to cut trees, we should plant more trees and plants than the ones we cut down and conserve them with great care. Trees are one of the blessings of Mother Nature and we should always be thankful to them.
My Daddy says fruits are very good for our health. It contains vitamins, minerals which are essential for our body. Among all the fruits I do not like to eat bananas, I hate the smell and taste of banana. But along with other fruits, Mamma insists me to eat bananas every day. She explains me the benefits of eating bananas and making it a part of my diet for its various health benefits.
Here is what my mother tells me about the advantages of eating banana regularly:
1.Banana helps to make us smarter, it fights depression and cures morning sickness. It helps to keep our mood happy and our brain healthy.
2.Before a strenuous workout, if we eat bananas, it gives us lots of energy and helps to maintain our blood sugar.
3.Eating a banana daily protects us against muscle cramps and nighttime leg cramps. It helps us to build strong bones as it contains a lot of calcium.
4.Bananas are rich in potassium and low in salt, so eating it every day helps to lower high blood pressure and reduces the chances of heart attack and stroke.
5.Bananas contain iron, so including it in our diet helps us from having anaemia.
6.Bananas contain a Vitamin B-6. This helps us in losing weight, strengthening our nervous system and it also helps in producing white blood cells.Bananas also protect us from getting type I diabetes.
- Eating bananas regularly helps in maintaining normal bowel movement. One banana produces more than 2.5 grams of total fiber and fulfils nearly about 10 percent of our daily fiber needs.
- Adding a banana to our diet helps to keep healthy eyes. As bananas contain a small amount of Vitamin A which is helpful in protecting our eyes and maintaining our normal vision.
- Eating bananas daily supports our digestive system and builds up our metabolism.
- Bananas are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, folate, riboflavin etc. which helps in proper functioning of our body.
- Including bananas in our diet helps us to promote relaxation and thus it helps us to sleep better.
- Banana helps to build immunity in our body and protects us against chronic diseases.
- Banana acts as a natural detox. It helps in flushing out all the toxins from our body through urine.
To make it tasty and delicious my mother makes desserts with bananas. Sometimes she cuts them into smaller chunks or thin slices and makes yummy wafers with bananas. Mamma also makes me tasty cakes and muffins with bananas. She also includes bananas for breakfast with milk and cereals. My cousin Liza eats mashed bananas every day because she is too small to swallow solid foods. AsMamma tells me to eat bananas regularly, she makes me banana shake as well while putting lots of ice cream in it. She knows that I love ice cream, and I will never say no to anything which has got ice cream.