Daddy and Mommy always tell me not to eat junk food but I can’t resist eating burgers, Frenchfries, soft drinks, pizza and all such foods. Last week I couldn’t go to school because of astomach ache. Daddy called doctor uncle. He told my parents to restrict the junk foods and gave some suggestions on the food habits that I should follow. Here is what told me to follow:
Eating healthy foods:
- Drink plenty of water every day: He advised me to drink plenty of water every day as it will help us to get rid of the body waste easily. Drinking water in empty stomach in the morning will clear the wastes in our body.
- Eat lots of fruits: He told me that fruits give us the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. It helps us in not gaining extra body weight and keep us physically fit.
- Eat lots of green veggies: Green vegetables are nutritious for us and it helps in adding proteins and minerals to our body. It strengthens our eye power and creates more RBCs in our body.
- Intake of whole grains: He told me to have whole grains like oats, whole grain pasta and many other foods which are rich in protein and vitamins as these will help our body to gain energy for the whole day activities and helps to drain wastes from our body.
- Also, eat fatty foods. To maintain a balanced diet, it’s necessary to eat fatty foods. It also gives us energy for doing various activities.
Exercising is important for good health:
- Play outdoor games: He told me to start aerobic activities which will keep the heart actively pump blood. Playing outdoor games is the best way to go for any aerobic activities. It makes us physically and mentally fit. Playing outdoor games makes our body flexible. Also, spending time with nature permits our body to fight with all kinds of diseases.
- Not to watch TV for long hours: Watching TV for long hours will make our eyes tiring and make things look blurry. It will also make our brain inactive. Though he told me to spend those hours in exercising or in practicing yoga which will make my digestive system better.
To follow “Early to bed and early to rise” motto: Doctor Uncle told to go to sleep early and to wake up early in the morning. This will help my body to get proper rest and will create more nature cells in my brain. Also, it’s an effective way to get a good digestive system.
Mommy started to make me follow this chart every day so that I don’t fall sick like it happened that day. However,sometimes I feel eating pizza and burgers but that reminds me of the bad stomach ache. Sonow I am a lot conscious about eating junk foods. I also tell my friends to avoid junk foods as much as possible as this will also help them to stay fit and healthy.
My friend Alice asks me to visit her house every day after the school. She wants to spend some time so that she can get rid of her loneliness. Today I told her that it is not possible for me to visit her place every day. I asked to embrace her solitude. Here is what I told her:
- I told her to pen down about all the activities which she does in her class, the way she spends her time with us during the breaks and the subjects which are taught in the class room every day. So, I told her to buy a pink bobby print diary with a Barbie picture on it, so that she would love to pen down her everyday activities in that.
- I suggested her to start reading books. Books will give her ideas from different genres and will make her utilize her time in a better way. Reading story books that will surely make her happy.
After a few days, she came up to me and said that she was bored doing these activities every day. So I gave her more recommendations on leisure time activities:
- I told her to make paper cutting designs that are very interesting and innovative too. Making paper designs with color papers and then pasting those on the walls make the walls look lively and vibrant.
- Listening to music.Writing self-composed songs that will bring a change in her life and will freshen up her mind. This will eventually make her jolly for the rest of the evening and give her a good night’s sleep.
- Learning to play various musical instruments such as learning piano, guitar or violin will soothe her soul.
- I also suggested her to make sketches as this will strengthen her imagination power and help her to grow independent emotionally.
My Daddy always says the best way to spend your leisure time is by keeping yourself occupied with some activities. Introspecting our own actions during our free time makes us learn from mistakes and makes it easier to not repeat it in the future. I also wanted to give her that idea but before I could give her the break was over and our discussions ended. But next day before entering our class, I told her and she was happy to listen to it.
But Mommy always says, that meditating everyday helps us in focusing more on studies and other activities. And she even added that meditation gives us the way to have a perfect balance in our life.
That day I told Alice that I keep myself involved with my parents whenever we are together. We talk and discuss a lot about everything. Sharing my feelings and thoughts with them makes me feel good and complete as a whole. My parents also take me out during the weekends and we all spend a very good time together.We also take a vacation together and travel to faraway places. We enjoy the climate together, we explore the culture, the food and meet all new people. Spending a good time with the family always make us happy.