It’s my friend’s birthday and we went shopping to buy her birthday gift. We have been friends since the first day of nursery school. We play together and share our toys. So I want to buy something very special for her. Mumma took me to the shopping mall close to our house where there are many toy shops. It is a very big mall and you can find almost everything there.
We went straight to the second floor. There is one shop that I love a lot. It has many toys and gift items. Dadda brings me to this shop to make up my mind whenever I am angry. I have bought many toys from this shop. Everyone knows me here, so I went in and told them that I want to buy a very special gift for my friend. They took me to the girl’s toys section where there were loads of toys – Barbie dolls, kitchen sets, bedroom sets, beach sets, soft toys and a lot more.
Both of us love the same kind of toys, so I decided to take a colourful battery operated train set. There are different parts that have to be put together to make a train track. The train moves on it making a choo-choo-ing sound. I love this toy! Dadda bought me this gift last year and I want my friend to have this as well. I picked up the gift and the person at the toy store said, it’s a perfect choice.
Mumma also appreciated my choice. We went to the paying counter, where Mumma paid the bill and we came out of the store. We had ice-cream and popcorn and came back home. On the way back home, we bought a colourful birthday gift wrapper.
We have to attend the birthday party tomorrow, so we started packing her gift. Mumma gathered all the things in one place – sticky tape, scissors, ribbons and sketch pens. She wrapped the pack carefully. I helped her cut the sticky tape and stick the wrapper at every corner.
The pink ribbons were a perfect match. Mumma made a beautiful flower and curls with the ribbon. We first tied the gift with the ribbon and then place the flower and curls properly with help of some adhesive. With help of the colourful sketch pens, Mumma wrote her name on the gift. It looked amazing! I am sure my friend will love it.
I decided to make a handmade card for my friend. So I cut a chart paper in a rectangular shape and fold it into the shape of a card. Mumma helped me draw some balloons on the card on which I wrote ‘Happy Birthday to You’. I coloured them carefully and wrote a message inside the card.
Now I am fully prepared to attend my friend’s birthday party tomorrow. I am sure she will love my gift and we will have a lot of fun together.
Hello everyone! This week I decided to do something special for dadda. He has a long tiring week. Mumma told he was busy with some new project and he had lots of work to do. I told mumma that I want to make something special for dadda. Something that he would love to eat! So we decided to make crispy veggie balls for him.
Vegetables are good for heath and they are rich in vitamins and minerals. Mumma always tells me to have lots of veggies. That is why I decided to make crispy veggie balls for dadda, so that he feels energetic and becomes strong. I will share the recipe with you, so that you can make it for your loved ones and treat them with something yummy and delicious.
• Lots of veggies – potatoes, peas, carrots, beans, cabbage, and whatever you feel like
• Salt to taste
• Pepper – 1 tea spoon
• All purpose flour – 1/4th cup
• Corn flour – ½ cup
• Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
• Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
• Mayonnaise – for dip
It would take about half an hour to prepare the delicious crispy veggie balls. So let’s start:
• We peeled the veggies and mumma put them to boil together. After 15 minutes the vegetables were soft.
• We drained the water and let them cool down. Once they were cold, we mashed them together.
• Mumma put some salt, pepper and all purpose flour into the mashed potatoes and I mixed all of them with a spatula
• Then mumma taught me to make small balls with the mashed veggies. We made around 15 balls.
• In a shallow dish, mumma mixed the corn flour with a little amount of water to make a thick paste. In another shallow dish she mixed the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
• Mumma set the oven to pre-heat
• Then, we dipped the veggie balls into the corn flour paste and then in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture and placed them on a cookie sheet.
• Mumma carefully sprinkled the balls with some oil and put the tray inside the oven for 20 minutes.
• We waited eagerly for 10 minutes. Then Mumma turned the balls so that the other side gets cooked.
• We kept checking so that they didn’t get overcooked
After 20 minutes, Mumma took out the tray. The balls were golden brown in colour. We transferred the balls onto a serving plate. In a small glass bowl, I put some garlic mayonnaise and in another some tomato ketchup. It was already 6:30 and Dadda was back home.
We served him the golden brown crispy veggie balls with some homemade chips and juice. He loved them very much. He said it was very tasty and delicious. Dadda gave me a tight hug and kiss on my forehead. Dadda was very happy and promised me to take out this weekend.