Mamma prepares salads every day with various fruits and vegetables. The fruit orange is quite popular in our house and we are all fond of eating it. Sometimes we drink orange juices, mommy also prepares delicious desserts and cakes out of it. The popular juicy fruit is easy to eat and provides quick energy to the body. Oranges are low in calorie and rich in nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, potassium, folate, fibre, and pectin. Orange trees are widely cultivated all around the world.
Let Us Discuss Some of The Health Benefits of Eating Oranges.
1. Reduces Kidney Problems – Drinking orange juices regularly in a moderate amount reduces the risk of kidney diseases and kidney stones.
2. Provides Protection Against Cancer – The presence of a high amount of citrus limonoids in oranges fight against a wide variety of cancer including that of lung, breast, skin, stomach, and colon.
3. Lowers Cholesterol Level – Oranges contain soluble fibers which are helpful in reducing cholesterol level.
4. Keeps Heart Healthy – Oranges are rich in potassium which is an electrolyte mineral responsible for helping the heart function well. Low potassium level can cause an abnormal heart rate known as arrhythmia.
5. Prevents Diseases – The vitamin C present in orange protects cells by neutralizing free radicles which can cause chronic diseases like cancer and heart diseases.
6. Helps Normal Bowel Movement – Oranges contain dietary fibers that stimulate digestive juices and relieves constipation.
7. Protects Eye Health and Vision – The carotenoid compounds in oranges are converted to Vitamin A and thus help prevents macular degeneration.
8. Controls High Blood Pressure – Eating oranges help to regulate high blood pressure as it contains magnesium.
9. Glowing Skin – The beta-carotene present in orange acts as a powerful antioxidant which protects the cell from damage. Beta-carotene provides protection to the skin from free radicles and delays the signs of aging.
10. Contains Alkaline Minerals – Oranges contain many alkaline minerals that help to balance out the body after they are digested.
I sometimes help mamma prepare orange juice at home. And I enjoy doing it a lot. She says that before eating any fruit we should wash them properly under running water for removing the surface dirt and any pesticide residues. It is always recommended to make orange juice at home than buying commercial drinks which may contain artificial coloring and preservatives. We may drink the orange juice at room temperature.