My Daddy says fruits are very good for our health. It contains vitamins, minerals which are essential for our body. Among all the fruits I do not like to eat bananas, I hate the smell and taste of banana. But along with other fruits, Mamma insists me to eat bananas every day. She explains me the benefits of eating bananas and making it a part of my diet for its various health benefits.
Here is what my mother tells me about the advantages of eating banana regularly:
1.Banana helps to make us smarter, it fights depression and cures morning sickness. It helps to keep our mood happy and our brain healthy.
2.Before a strenuous workout, if we eat bananas, it gives us lots of energy and helps to maintain our blood sugar.
3.Eating a banana daily protects us against muscle cramps and nighttime leg cramps. It helps us to build strong bones as it contains a lot of calcium.
4.Bananas are rich in potassium and low in salt, so eating it every day helps to lower high blood pressure and reduces the chances of heart attack and stroke.
5.Bananas contain iron, so including it in our diet helps us from having anaemia.
6.Bananas contain a Vitamin B-6. This helps us in losing weight, strengthening our nervous system and it also helps in producing white blood cells.Bananas also protect us from getting type I diabetes.
- Eating bananas regularly helps in maintaining normal bowel movement. One banana produces more than 2.5 grams of total fiber and fulfils nearly about 10 percent of our daily fiber needs.
- Adding a banana to our diet helps to keep healthy eyes. As bananas contain a small amount of Vitamin A which is helpful in protecting our eyes and maintaining our normal vision.
- Eating bananas daily supports our digestive system and builds up our metabolism.
- Bananas are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, folate, riboflavin etc. which helps in proper functioning of our body.
- Including bananas in our diet helps us to promote relaxation and thus it helps us to sleep better.
- Banana helps to build immunity in our body and protects us against chronic diseases.
- Banana acts as a natural detox. It helps in flushing out all the toxins from our body through urine.
To make it tasty and delicious my mother makes desserts with bananas. Sometimes she cuts them into smaller chunks or thin slices and makes yummy wafers with bananas. Mamma also makes me tasty cakes and muffins with bananas. She also includes bananas for breakfast with milk and cereals. My cousin Liza eats mashed bananas every day because she is too small to swallow solid foods. AsMamma tells me to eat bananas regularly, she makes me banana shake as well while putting lots of ice cream in it. She knows that I love ice cream, and I will never say no to anything which has got ice cream.