We all know food provides energy to our body. It acts as a fuel to generate energy which keeps our body working. When I was small I did not like to eat vegetables at all. But Mumma used to prepare colourful salads for me every day. She always narrates the importance of eating right for maintaining a good health. In our school, we learn the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
Today I will tell you all about the benefits of eating carrots. Carrots are available throughout the year and can be used for making various dishes, juices, and cakes.
- Reduces Risk of Cancer And Cardiovascular Disease – Experts suggest that eating antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits like carrots helps in reducing the chances of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Research says that the juice extracted from carrot can kill leukemia cells and hinder their progression.
- Improves Vision – It is said that deficiency of Vitamin A often leads to eye problems. Consuming carrots reduces the risk of glaucoma and other eye diseases as they are a rich source of Vitamin A. They also contain lutein which decreases the risk of cataract.
- Better Cognitive Function – Carrot is useful for improving memory, management of cognitive functions and lowers cholesterol level.
- Safeguards Liver – Eating carrots helps us in protecting our liver.
- Anti-inflammatory Benefits – Carrots have anti-inflammatory properties and provide significant benefits even when compared to any anti-inflammatory drugs such as Aspirin, Celebrex etc.
- Lowers The Risk of Diabetes Type 2 – Researchers say that people with certain typical genetic variations, can reduce the risk of diabetes type 2 by consuming carrots.
- Boost Immunity – Carrots contain numerous antibacterial and antiseptic properties which help to boost our immunity. It instigates the formation of white blood cells which play an important role in guarding the body against diseases.
- Good Dental Health – Consuming carrots increases the saliva production and keeps our teeth clean. It also kills all the harmful bacteria in our mouth and helps in reducing the risk of tooth cavities.
- Healthy Glowing Skin – The antioxidants and vitamin A present in carrots guard the skin against sun damage. It prevents pigmentation, blemishes, acne, early wrinkles, uneven skin tone etc by detoxifying our system and building new cells. Consuming a healthy diet rich in vegetables and fruits provides a glow to our skin.
When my grandmother visits our place, she prepares delicious dishes with carrots. She always tells me about the health benefits and nutritional value of all colourful vegetables. She also insists on eating different types of fruits to meet all the nutritional value of our body.