I have a friend – Maria, who doesn’t eat fruits at all. She says she hates to eat fruits. I told Dada about Maria that day. Dada told me that it is not a good habit. We should always eat fruits. Fruits contain vitamins and minerals which are extremely beneficial for our health. Dada told me a lot more about the benefits of eating fresh fruits and making them a part of our daily diet.
Here are the health benefits ofeatingfruits regularly:
- Fruits contain a lot of vitamins and minerals:Different variety of fruit contains different type of vitamins. These vitamins and minerals help in maintaining our body balance as they help in proper functioning of the body. Moreover, fruits get absorbed in our body very easily and quickly; therefore they can provide us instant energy keeping us active and healthy.
- Fruits contain a lot of dietary fibers which is good for our digestive system: Fruits contribute a lot in maintaining a balanced diet. It provides a lot of natural dietary fibers. We should eat fruits along with their skin. The skin of the fruits offer a lot of fibers which keeps us healthy and prevents us from constipation.Fruits which are a rich source of fiber are apple, pear, strawberries, raisins and many more.
- Fruits are a good source of antioxidants: Fruits contain antioxidants which fight the damaging effects of free radicals which are produced in our body. Antioxidants can neutralize or remove the free radicals from our blood stream. There are many varieties of antioxidants which can be obtained from different fruits. Different kinds of antioxidants protect different parts of our body.
- Fruits keep our skin and hair healthy: Eating a lot of fruits help us in getting healthy skin and shiny hair. Fruits are a rich source of all the vitamins; which heals our skin and hair from the damage that occurs every day from pollution and UV rays. The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants present in fruits nourish the skin and hair from within.
- Fruits are low in calorie: Fruits are very low in calorie; hence they help us in not gaining any extra weight. However, if we eat fruits more, we would automatically eat other foods (high calorie foods like oily, fried and junk food) less. This would eventually prevent us from becoming overweight.
- Fruits improve our immune system and improve our overall health: Fruits are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, flavonoids and many other useful things.If we eat them regularly, risk of getting many diseases (such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, stroke and many other diseases)reduce.
I told Dada that when I go to school the next day, I will tell my friend Maria about all these health benefits of eating fruits regularly. And, I would also tell her to start eating them as soon as possible; so that she is in good health always.