Hello everyone! This week I decided to do something special for dadda. He has a long tiring week. Mumma told he was busy with some new project and he had lots of work to do. I told mumma that I want to make something special for dadda. Something that he would love to eat! So we decided to make crispy veggie balls for him.
Vegetables are good for heath and they are rich in vitamins and minerals. Mumma always tells me to have lots of veggies. That is why I decided to make crispy veggie balls for dadda, so that he feels energetic and becomes strong. I will share the recipe with you, so that you can make it for your loved ones and treat them with something yummy and delicious.
• Lots of veggies – potatoes, peas, carrots, beans, cabbage, and whatever you feel like
• Salt to taste
• Pepper – 1 tea spoon
• All purpose flour – 1/4th cup
• Corn flour – ½ cup
• Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
• Parmesan cheese – ½ cup
• Mayonnaise – for dip
It would take about half an hour to prepare the delicious crispy veggie balls. So let’s start:
• We peeled the veggies and mumma put them to boil together. After 15 minutes the vegetables were soft.
• We drained the water and let them cool down. Once they were cold, we mashed them together.
• Mumma put some salt, pepper and all purpose flour into the mashed potatoes and I mixed all of them with a spatula
• Then mumma taught me to make small balls with the mashed veggies. We made around 15 balls.
• In a shallow dish, mumma mixed the corn flour with a little amount of water to make a thick paste. In another shallow dish she mixed the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
• Mumma set the oven to pre-heat
• Then, we dipped the veggie balls into the corn flour paste and then in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture and placed them on a cookie sheet.
• Mumma carefully sprinkled the balls with some oil and put the tray inside the oven for 20 minutes.
• We waited eagerly for 10 minutes. Then Mumma turned the balls so that the other side gets cooked.
• We kept checking so that they didn’t get overcooked
After 20 minutes, Mumma took out the tray. The balls were golden brown in colour. We transferred the balls onto a serving plate. In a small glass bowl, I put some garlic mayonnaise and in another some tomato ketchup. It was already 6:30 and Dadda was back home.
We served him the golden brown crispy veggie balls with some homemade chips and juice. He loved them very much. He said it was very tasty and delicious. Dadda gave me a tight hug and kiss on my forehead. Dadda was very happy and promised me to take out this weekend.