When I was small I used to see my father paint on huge canvas papers. At the beginning, I couldn’t understand what he used to scribble on the white papers but gradually as I grew up, I started to learn that my father paints. Though he is not a professional artist but Daddy tells me that he paints because painting is his passion. At first, I didn’t like the colours but my intense bond with my Daddy made me love the colours, the white papers, the brushes, the pallet and other stuff.
Our store room was at a corner of the backyard.One day, I suddenly thought of going there to see my dad’s paintings. As soon as I entered the room I was dumbstruck to see all the arrangements. It was like a heaven around there. The paintings were all over the walls. Some were coloured in blue, some in black, somewhere multicoloured and much more. The pictures were so appealing and heart soothing that I felt like staying there for the whole day. I was looking for a white page when suddenly I got clashed with the colour bottles and the colours splashed over his drawings. I got so tensed that I started crying. Soon my father came into the room and he started to console me. He was not upset that I splashed colours on the canvases but was happy that I entered the room to see his work. That weekend he brought me a new set of colours, pallets, and brushes. He also told me that he would not mind if I didn’t like to paint.
I sat at one corner of the room and started to scribble on the sheet of paper. I sat for almost two hours but couldn’t do anything other than the haphazard lines that I drew. I messed up the paper and made it the untidiest one. I was upset that I couldn’t make something like my daddy. I went to Daddy and showed him my painting, though I knew that it was the worst painting but for my daddy, it was the best painting forever. He told me that he loved it so much and later he framed it and stuck it on one of the walls of his studio. I was overwhelmed with joy that my painting was stuck on the walls. That was the first day when I started my painting. Those lines were the best lines in my life because of Daddy who made it so special. His encouragement uplifted me and made me love this art form.
I am proud to have a Daddy like him, who supported me, encouraged my paintings and never forced me to follow his style of paintings. He always tells me that, just follow what your heart suggests you do. The more you will love to paint the fast you will get to know about your environment. Daddy tells me to paint my heart out. This will give me peace.His golden words touched my heart and now I paint anytime whenever I feel like.
My friend Alice asks me to visit her house every day after the school. She wants to spend some time so that she can get rid of her loneliness. Today I told her that it is not possible for me to visit her place every day. I asked to embrace her solitude. Here is what I told her:
- I told her to pen down about all the activities which she does in her class, the way she spends her time with us during the breaks and the subjects which are taught in the class room every day. So, I told her to buy a pink bobby print diary with a Barbie picture on it, so that she would love to pen down her everyday activities in that.
- I suggested her to start reading books. Books will give her ideas from different genres and will make her utilize her time in a better way. Reading story books that will surely make her happy.
After a few days, she came up to me and said that she was bored doing these activities every day. So I gave her more recommendations on leisure time activities:
- I told her to make paper cutting designs that are very interesting and innovative too. Making paper designs with color papers and then pasting those on the walls make the walls look lively and vibrant.
- Listening to music.Writing self-composed songs that will bring a change in her life and will freshen up her mind. This will eventually make her jolly for the rest of the evening and give her a good night’s sleep.
- Learning to play various musical instruments such as learning piano, guitar or violin will soothe her soul.
- I also suggested her to make sketches as this will strengthen her imagination power and help her to grow independent emotionally.
My Daddy always says the best way to spend your leisure time is by keeping yourself occupied with some activities. Introspecting our own actions during our free time makes us learn from mistakes and makes it easier to not repeat it in the future. I also wanted to give her that idea but before I could give her the break was over and our discussions ended. But next day before entering our class, I told her and she was happy to listen to it.
But Mommy always says, that meditating everyday helps us in focusing more on studies and other activities. And she even added that meditation gives us the way to have a perfect balance in our life.
That day I told Alice that I keep myself involved with my parents whenever we are together. We talk and discuss a lot about everything. Sharing my feelings and thoughts with them makes me feel good and complete as a whole. My parents also take me out during the weekends and we all spend a very good time together.We also take a vacation together and travel to faraway places. We enjoy the climate together, we explore the culture, the food and meet all new people. Spending a good time with the family always make us happy.