Mamma always says that to maintain good health it is essential to follow a proper dietary routine. Besides eating real fresh foods for staying fit and healthy, she says it is also important to drink sufficient amount of water and fluids. If we do not consume the required amount of fluid our body becomes dehydrated and our physical performance suffers. Our teacher in school says the human body is composed of 60 % of water. Drinking water helps in maintaining the balance of body fluids. Drinking enough water every day helps us in many ways. It promotes digestion, absorption of fluids in the body, creating saliva, transporting nutrients, maintaining body temperature and maintaining an overall body balance.
Today I will tell you all about the benefits of drinking water for our physical and mental health:
1. Uplifts our mood: Drinking sufficient water helps in boosting our energy levels. It improves the concentration level and our mind becomes alert and active. Doctors say that mild dehydration can impact many aspects of brain functions leading to increased frequency of headaches, major reductions in memory and brain performance.
2. Flushes out toxins from the body: Water acts as a detoxifier as it helps in eliminating the toxins from our body through sweat and urine. It improves the functioning of our kidneys and decreases the chances of forming kidney stones.
3. Prevents constipation: Drinking sufficient water helps in maintaining our digestive system and prevents constipation by regularising the bowel movement.
4. Keeps skin healthy: Water consumption helps in maintaining the moisture of our skin and provides the essential nutrients to the skin cells. Drinking an adequate amount of water helps in keeping our skin soft and supple, helps in delaying the signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines.
5. Helps in weight loss: Drinking sufficient water helps in weight reduction by boosting our metabolism. Taking a glass of water before meals decrease appetite, thus reducing the amount of our food consumption.
6. Safeguards vital organs: Water protects the vital organs in our bodies such as heart, lungs, brain, and the digestive system by cushioning them. It also maintains the electrolytic balance of our body.
Drinking water also contains fluorine which makes our teeth stronger. Living beings cannot survive without water. It is important to drink water according to the requirement of our body. The amount of water requirement varies from one person to another. Mamma says the vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and celery have very high water content. Water containing fruits includes oranges, strawberries, pineapple, watermelon etc. My doctor uncle advises drinking plenty of water every day. He also tells me to eat lots of fruits and vegetables along with other food so that I can become strong and stay healthy always.