Our teacher Miss Clara always tells us about the importance of trees in our lives. She says trees are our true friend. In our school, we plant trees with the help of our teachers and we always have great fun while we do so. My grandfather also tells me about the role of trees for our survival and saving our earth. He also says we should plant trees as much as we can to save the earth from global warming and save our lives.
Today, let me talk about trees and the various benefits they provide us. Trees serve us in many ways like a true friend.The benefits we get from trees are as follows:
1. Trees give us oxygen by absorbing carbon dioxide. Living beings cannot survive without oxygen. The more we plant trees the more oxygen we will get from them.
2. Trees give us fruits, flowers, seeds, and medicines.
3. Trees protect us from the scorching heat of the sun by offering us its shade.
4. The woods of the trees can be used for making furniture.
5. The paper we use for writing is also obtained from trees.
6. It gives shelter to many birds and creatures. As we know birds make their nest in the trees and live on them with their babies. Trees provide habitat for wildlife.
7. Trees help in keeping our environment cool by maintaining the ecological balance. It moderates the effect of sun, wind, and rain.
8. Soil erosion is controlled by trees and their roots. Tree plantation helps to prevent flood as the roots of the trees helps to keep the soil intact thus preventing from erosion.
9. Trees keep our environment clean, reduces air pollution. Trees are also known as rain catchers if there is no tree in an area there will be no rain in that area and the land will turn into an arid desert.
10. The presence of trees in an environment gives us a relaxed, pleasing and comfortable feeling. It helps to decrease the stress level. Trees bring colours to our environment with their leaves and the various flowers which bloom on them.
11. Trees help to control sound pollution by being an effective sound barrier.
12. If there are lots of trees in a place then the quality of the environment also increases.
13. Trees increase atmospheric moisture and shades of the trees can slow down water evaporation.
14. Exposure to trees and nature improves our concentration and trees helps to heal us faster.
My grandfather says that it is never good to cut trees without a proper reason. It is our duty to protect and care our true friend for the survival of life on earth. Even when we need to cut trees, we should plant more trees and plants than the ones we cut down and conserve them with great care. Trees are one of the blessings of Mother Nature and we should always be thankful to them.