Today I am going to tell you all about fruits which I love eating the most. And, I am sure that many of you like me are quite fond of eating the delicious fruit, mango. It is said that mangoes are the most widely consumed fruit in the world. We get mangoes of various shapes, colours, and flavours. The skin colour of mango varies from yellow, orange, green or red. But the inner flesh of a mango is usually golden yellow. Mangoes are sweet and creamy in taste and Mommy says that it contains more than 20 vitamins and minerals.
Let Us Have A Look at The Various Health Benefits of Consuming Mangoes:
1. Preventing Asthma – The beta-carotene found in fruits such as mango, papaya, broccoli, apricots lower the risk of developing asthma in people who consume such foods in high amount.
2. Reduces Risk of Cancer – Consuming a diet rich in beta-carotene also helps to protect against prostate cancer. According to research, it has been proved that mangoes have an impact on all types of cancer but they provide the most effective results for colon and breast cancer.
3. Helps in Digestion – Mangoes are rich in fibres and water content. This helps in promoting regularity by preventing constipation and keeps our digestive tract healthy.
4. Keeps Heart Healthy – Mangoes contain fibres, potassium, and vitamins which keeps our heart healthy and prevents diseases. For reducing the risk of hypertension, it is important to make a dietary change by increasing the potassium intake along with decreasing the sodium consumption.
5. Improves Vision – We all know that vitamin A deficiency can lead to night blindness. The vitamin A and beta-carotene present in mango boost our eye health. Vitamin A is essential for the optimal functioning of the retina.
6. Healthy Brain – Mangoes are a rich source of vitamin B6 and iron which are vital for keeping our brain healthy. Iron helps to maintain the normal functioning of our brain and vitamin B6 aids in cognitive development.
7. Builds Immunity – Being a good source of Vitamin C and Zinc, mangoes play a significant role in strengthening our immune system.
8. Hair and Skin – The vitamin A present in mango is beneficial for our hair and skin. Vitamin A is necessary for sebum production which keeps our hair moisturized. Mango also contains vitamin C which is vital for the building and maintenance of collagen which provides a structure to our hair and skin.
Mommy prepares fruit salad with papaya, mango, and pineapple which is healthy as well as tasty. She also prepares desserts, cakes, milkshake with mangoes.