It is said by elders that our life is shaped by our habits and manners. So for leading a healthy life, it is very important to develop good habits since childhood. Our teacher says if we want to stay strong and healthy we need to take care of ourselves. I am very fond of eating desserts and chocolates. Daddy says eating chocolates and desserts spoils our teeth so he says that it is necessary to take proper care to keep it strong and healthy. Healthy teeth and gums help us to eat well and enjoy our food. Mamma always tells me to brush my teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to keep it clean. She says a simple routine can help us to prevent most of the dental problems.
Various problems can affect the health of our mouth but good care can keep our teeth and gums strong as we age. Today I will let you all know how to take proper care of our teeth:
1. We should brush our teeth on all the sides using a soft bristle brush and toothpaste.
2. We should brush carefully and gently using small circular motions.
3. For keeping our mouth clean we should lightly brush our teeth.
4. Cleaning with dental floss removes leftover food and which a brush cannot reach. It is effective because we cannot clean the surface between our teeth with a toothbrush. As a result plaque and bacteria formation take place there.
5. We should use a mouthwash which has fluorine in it. It is not good to swallow the mouthwash as it can cause stomach upset.
6. We should limit our sugar consumption as sugar erodes the enamel of our teeth.
7. We should consume fewer sticky food as it can be difficult to remove and increase the risk of tooth decay.
8. We should consult a dentist regularly for a checkup and clean our teeth.
If we do not take care of our teeth then cavities and unhealthy gums will make eating meals more difficult. Mamma says it is not a good idea to swallow the toothpaste so we should make sure to spit it after brushing. Chewing sugar-free gums is good for saliva production and helps to remove the food which is stuck in our teeth. Therefore we should practice good oral hygiene, eat a healthy diet and seek professional care when it is necessary. If you are having any tooth pain, do not ignore it. Visit a dentist as soon as possible. The more you delay, the worse it could be in your mouth.